Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Making Easter Rock with food allergies

I honestly was dreading Easter.   Nothing like a holiday filed with chocolate and candy that your child can't have.  So I'm determined to make it awesome in spite of me probably having to tell him "no"  to make things.  

Starting with breakfast, this little bunny bottom will so the trick!   Super simple with a gluten-free pancake mix and using applesauce as an egg replacement.   He probably won't touch the coconut on the tail but that can come off easily enough once the visual effects has passed.  
Next up is the basket.   I have always done just a little candy and something fun anyway so this one seems simple enough.   I ordered a basket of allergy free goodies from Allermates.com.   I am still waiting on it to arrive,  which had me a little nervous  but we also got a ninja turtle t-shirt,  spiderman gloves and a new hat.   It really doesn't take much so I shop for what's on sale and things he wants and needs. 

Moving into the Egg Hunt all the kids are likely going to notice that the bunny went rogue this year but I don't think they'll mind.   I'll fill the eggs with change instead of candy and make it safe for Gavin to find as many as he can with all the other children having fun as well. 

My mom has dinner covered with ham and sweet potato which are both safe foods for him. There are always does these amazing baskets filled with chocolate and goodness.  I'm hoping that no one goes overboard but we'll make it work.   Gavin appreciates the thought even though he might not be able to have it.   He's one heck of a kid!  
For more information about portion control meal planning, weightloss, clean eating, and exercise, check out the resources at www.itsfitpossible.com or email me!  My goal is to help others find ways to realize that you CAN handle it all!  There are huge benefits in caring for your special needs children when you are caring for yourself as well!  A healthy mom creates a healthy family <3

No comments:

Post a Comment